The Calgary International Reggae Festival (ReggaeFest) is one of Western Canada’s festivals showcasing Reggae music and culture. The 14th annual ReggaeFest will take place from August 17 – 19, 2017.
- We will only give consideration to Reggae artistes/bands
- ALL performances must be for a general audience (our festival is all-ages)
- Solo artistes must be willing to work with ReggaeFest’s house band
- Preference will be given to artistes with original material
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- ReggaeFest does not promote or use the phrase “headliner”; all performers are given equal billing
- Sets vary anywhere between 20-90 minutes
- Outdoor venue
- Backline provided
- Professional sound and lighting provided
- Professional sound engineer on hand
- Negotiated on “delivered package” cost, inclusive of performance fees, per diem and travel
- ReggaeFest does NOT cover travel costs (eg. air transportation, visa or immigration costs)
- Accommodation will be negotiated
- We are in Canada, we negotiate in Canadian Dollars
- Artistes relation to the Calgary market will influence compensation
- Ground transportation provided between Calgary airport, hotel, and performance venue
- Food and drink provided at performance venue, individual hospitality riders will not be accommodated
- Limited guest passes provided (number depends on size of band)
- Artistes keep 90% of their merchandise sales
If interested in performing at ReggaeFest, please fill out the form below. Once completed and submitted, your information will be forwarded to our Artiste Selection Committee for consideration.
Artiste applications are accepted from November 1, 2016 to February 28, 2017.
Only artistes we are interested in will be contacted. Contact will be made by March 31, 2017.
There is no performers yet.